The Don Ryan Center for Innovation is designed to support new technology company formation and development in Bluffton, SC. The program blends the attributes of hands-on consulting support, resource identification and availability, and long distance learning to help increase the probability entrepreneurs, who we call innovators, will be successful. This program links innovators to intellectual property, technology evaluation, product development services, seed financing, business mentorship, corporate relationships and recruiting.
This 501(c)(3) community driven organization reports to an experienced seven member board appointed by the Town Council that works in cooperation with the Clemson University Institute for Economic and Community Development to create, accelerate, expand and incubate jobs in our region.
The Center is a Public to Public to Private to Private venture supported by the Town of Bluffton, Clemson University, CareCore National and Buckwalter Park Tech Park along with additional private sponsors including St. Joseph's/Candler, Nexsen Pruet, Regions Bank, Hargray Communications, McNair Attorneys, Cherry Bekaert, CPAs & Bank of America
To see what we are looking for, please take a look at our Innovator Criteria.
Don Ryan, co-founded CareCore National in 1994, and under his leadership it became one of the leading specialty benefits management companies. After bringing the company to Bluffton, Ryan became involved in the efforts to recruit similar companies to the area. Don donated the existing space to the Center which is now named in his honor.
- The Center is a collaborative effort between the Town of Bluffton and Clemson University Institute for Economic and Community Development.
- Operations are funded by the Town of Bluffton and private support.
- Our goal is to support new technology company formation and development in Bluffton by helping increase the probability innovators will be successful.
- The Clemson program, Building a Technology Village, is exclusive to Bluffton and four other communities across South Carolina.
- Our method of operation with innovators is to supply them with consulting, resources, and space to enable them to accelerate growth. We also help them locate funding and prepare for funding requests.
- The physical location is 1,612 square feet in the CareCore National building. The facility has state of the art communications and office equipment.
- There is a full-time director on staff and on location.